1. Jill Cressy and Athletics Centre Programs - Come be part of the plethora of programs and activities at the U of T Athletics Centre. Programs include everything from fencing to dance with both registered and drop-in classes. Come out to the open house week to check out programs and activities from Sept 15th - 19th. There is also a leadership program job fair today. For more information go to their websites: www.activeu.ca and www.ac-fpeh.com as well as www.acjobs.utoronto.ca (leadership job fair)
2. Dagny Thompson and the Hart House Film Board - The Hart House film board provides resources and equipment for students and members who want to make films. They also host a variety of workshops that provide everything from the basics of film-making to editing and new media. For more information visit: www.hhfilmboard.com and check out their Facebook page "Dirty Laundry".
3. Abby Ralph with HH Programmes
- Diaspora Dialogues: emerging writers submit literary works and 4 selected writers will be paired with a famous Canadian writer for one-on-one mentorship . The deadline for submission is December 5th. All students are encouraged to apply, especially immigrants to Canada and members of first nations.
- Public Apology Panel: a panel onOctober 23rd addressing the recent public apology by Prime Minister Stephen Harper for the residential schools tragedy. The topics addressed by the panel will deal with apology and moving forward in the future and will includge amazing guests and speakers.
- Hot Talks: a new program being done along with the debate club. The first one will be on Nov 4th and will cover the US elections with a panel discussion and debate. Come by to watch the results as they are announced!
- Five-Buck Lunches: Come out to Hart House for the ever-popular 5 dollar lunches. The lunches are open to everyone and the first one this is on Sept 24th.
- Sunday Concerts: The first Sunday concert is this Sunday afternoon for a classical piano performance.
- Music Program: Evert Friday check out "Jazz at Oscar's" an evening of Jazz starting at 9pm in the Arbor Room at Hart House.
- Cider and Song: On October 18th, come for a day of singing, hiking, and homemade apple cider at the beautiful Hart House Farm.
Hart House is also recruiting energetic people to be part of Hart House in organizing programs and activities. If you are interested, contact Laney Marshall: 416-978-8400For more information go to: www.harthouse.ca or pick up the "What's On" guide at Hart House.
Music on the Show:
The Orb - a beautiful day
Fur Bearing Animals - ivy harvey shoes
Sam Roberts - Oh Maria
Metric - On the Sly
The Stills - I'm With You
The Awkward Stage - mini skirt of x-mas lights